Arequipa: 9 stops on your visit to the White City
Arequipa 9 stops on you visit to the “white city”, one of the most beautiful destinations in Peru.there is no doubt about that. Therefore, if you are planning to go for the first time, we tell you which places you can not miss:
- Yanahuara Square: It is built of ashlar material and has a viewpoint with a great view of Arequipa, from there you can see its three volcanoes: El Misti, Chachani and Pichu Picchu. It is located at ten minutes by car from the city center.
- La Plaza de Armas: It is one of the places that you must visit anyway, it is located in the historic center of Arequipa, in addition to It’s beautiful cathedral.
- Trek to the Colca Canyon: The tour you choose can be two days or more. The hike is very long, so if you decide to do this adventure, you must be in good physical conditions, bring plenty of water and be warm.
- Cruz del Condor: If you do the hike or the classic tours you will arrive at this place that is one of the great tourist attractions. From the top you will enjoy the vegetation of the Colca and the magical flight of the condors.
- Picanterías: Arequipa cuisine is very popular and the traditional picanterías of this city support this. The most famous are: La Nueva Palomino, La Benita, La Lucila, La Capitana and La Cau Cau.
- Vargas Llosa House Museum: In this house was born the Nobel and lived his first years of life, this place is now a museum. The building covers 16 rooms where personal objects of the writer, 3D projections and holograms are displayed.
- Extreme sport in the Cotahuasi Canyon: It is one of the deepest canyons in the world, but also the ideal place to practice all kinds of extreme sports such as: boating, climbing, paragliding and mountain biking.
- San Camilo Market: One way to learn about the city is through its markets. There you will find fresh juices and a variety of cheeses, the paria is the most famous.
- Chocolates: Before finishing your trip through Arequipa and closing it with a flourish, buy the classic La Ibérica chocolates.