Cabanaconde 2 Day Tour is the best option for travelers who want to visit the Colca Canyon and stay far away of Chivay or Yanque towns where are located most hotels. This Cabanaconde private tour includes the overnight at Kuntur Wassi hotel, La Granja del Colca or Posada del Conde Lodge .
Private Tour and Overnight in Cabanaconde
This 2 Day Tour offers the overnight in a quite and nice town located at 25 minutes by car from Cruz del Condor.
Cabanaconde is the best way for avoid the classic tour. This town is the last stop on the Colca Canyon trail from Arequipa at 2 hours from Chivay, Peru and where most begin treks into the Colca Canyon.
Tour: 2 Day Tour
Duration: 2 Days/1 Night
Service Available: Private guide/car
Day 1: Arequipa – Chivay – Cabanaconde
Pick up at 6AM from your hotel in Arequipa and travel by tourist transportation to Chivay, the capital of the Colca Canyon region.
Along the way we’ll stop at the national reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca, at this point we will watch: vicugnas, lamas and alpagas.
Then we will continue, until arrive to Patahuasi, where we will enjoy a cup of coca tea which is helpful for the altitude sickness.
Afterwards, we will arrive to the wetlands of Tocrapampa, at this point wqe will watch the typical birds. Arrive to the highest point Patapampa, a natural view point, from where we can watch the south moutain range.
Arrive to Chivay for having lunch, after lunch we will continue to Cabanaconde. On the way we will stop in some view points, for watching andean terraces and the beautiful Colca Canyon views. Arrive to Cabanaconde and overnight in Kuntur Wassi.
Day 2: Cabanaconde – Achachihua View Point – Cruz del Condor – Hot Springs – Arequipa
Breakfast at 7AM in the hotel. After breakfast, we do a short trekking to Pampa San Miguel and Achachihua view point (around 40 minutes walking), then we will leave to Cruz del Condor by car (about 20 minutes) this is the dieal place fr watching the condors flight and the canyon.
Then, return to Chivay archeological sites, pre-Inca farming terraces, and stop at other Colca Canyon lookout points.
We’ll pass through the towns of Pinchollo, Maca, and Achoma, and then we will stop in Yanque to see some typical churches, artisan markets, and watch the typical dress of collaguas and cabanas culture. Arrive to Chivay, visit to the hot springs and relaxing time. Lunch and departure to Arequipa. Arrive and end of Tour.
- Private guide Colca Canyon (english speaking guide)
- Tourist Transportation
- Meals : 01 breakfast, 02 lunches and 1 dinner
- 1 night in Cabanaconde Kuntur Wassi Colca hotel
- Entrance Fee to the Colca Canyon and the hot springs La Calera
- Soft and alcoholic drinks
(even the rain season)
|Private (Private van and guide)
$290 USD each
What You Need to Bring
- Small backpack 40lt
- Rain jacket or poncho (December to april)
- Strong comfortable and waterproof footwear
- One complete change of clothing
- Sweater and jacket (something warm)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Swimsuit for the hot spring
Colca Canyon Fun Facts:
- Colca Canyon is more than twice as deep as the Grand Canyon
- The Canyon is home of a great variety of flora and fauna
- The Condor can be seen at “Cruz Del Condor” and “Tapay” viewing point
- Other notable bird species present in the Colca include the giant hummingbird
- The Valley is a wonderful and colourful andean valley with small towns with andean terraces on the both side of the Canyon
- The valley is at its most beautiful in April and May, when the fields are green and the mountains snow-capped.