Capua waterfall hike is a full day tour which includes a hike to the awesome waterfalls and relaxing time to the Yura hot spring.
Trek to Capua in Yura
The waterfall is located in Yura district in Arequipa city, on the north side of Chachani Mountain (6070 MASL) and it was originated into a narrow lava canyon of 160 meters high. The trail leading to Capua Waterfall winds its way through rocky valleys and lava canyons, offering plenty of rugged, isolated Peruvian scenery along the way. Book Capua Waterfall day tour and enjoy the nature.
Capua Waterfall Hike Day Tour
Capua Hike starts at 8:00 AM, pickup from the hotel and departure to Yura (one hour trip by car), located north-west during ride, along the way you will enjoy an immense desertic landscape.
Arrive to Yura and trekking to Capua waterfall, we will hike 5 kilometers (2 hours trekking) along the waywe will cross the desert hills to reach the small canyon of Capua.
In Capua Valley we will find a beautiful green landscape where we will find strange rock formations before arriving to
Capua canyon we will see some small waterfalls then we will hike until arrive to the last waterfall. Arre to Corontorio, also known as Capua, we will enjoy this impressive waterfall, which reaches 30 meters high, it is sometimes possible to see the rainbow in the waterfall.
We will have time to relax and refresh in the cold water (which comes from Chachani mountain). Return to Yura, where we will visit the main square and have a nice time in Yura thermal baths. Return to Arequipa city, arrive to the hotel and end of Capua Waterfall Hike.
- Private Transportation
- English speaking Guide
- Snacks and water
- Entrance Fee Yura hot springs
What to Bring:
- Walking Shoes
Arequipa Fun Facts:
- The volcanos that rise behind Arequipa are more than just a beautiful
- Like Machu Picchu, Arequipa’s historic center has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its beauty and cultural value
- Arequipa’s Plaza de Armas is considered as one of the prettiest plazas in entire Peru
- The food in Arequipa is some of the best in South America
- The “white city” has beautiful bridges, Puente Bolognesi is close to the main square
- Because of its weather and friendliness of its people, Arequipa is a great place to learn spanish
- For the adrenaline lovers, the Chili River offer half day fun river rafting