Colca Canyon 3 Day Tour includes overnight in Cabanaconde, a nice and quite small town, located at 25 minutes from Cruz del Condor viewpoint. Spend the second night with a nice local family in Canocota town and hike through the Huaynalima canyon.
Duration: 3 Day/2 Nights
Service Available: Private guide/car
Overnight: Cabanaconde – Canocota
Colca Tour 3 Days/2 Nights
The Colca Canyon is one of Peru’s top tourist destinations. It is best known as one of the world’s deepest canyons, reaching a depth of 4,160 meters, whose depth can most easily be appreciated from the Cruz del Condor, a viewpoint where Andean Condors can be seen most days throughout the year.
3 Day Tour includes the overnight in Cabanaconde town, far way from the tourist mass and local activities in Canocota, with a local family. This Colca tour allows to learn about local customs and andean products.
Colca Canyon 3 Day Tour Itinerary:
Day 1: Arequipa – Chivay – Cabanaconde
At 6AM the Colca Canyon tour guide will pick you up from the hotel in Arequipa and travel by tourist transportation to Chivay, the capital of the Colca Canyon region.
Along the way we’ll stop at the national reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca, at this point we will watch: vicugnas, lamas and alpagas.
Then we will continue, until arrive to Patahuasi, where we will enjoy a byp of coca tea which is helpful for the altitude sickness.
Afterwards, we will arrive to the wetlands of Tocrapampa, at this point wqe will watch the typical birds.
Arrive to the highest point Patapampa, a natural view point, from where we can watch the south moutain range.
Arrival to Chivay for having lunch, after lunch we will continue to Cabanaconde.
On the way we will stop in some view points, for watching andean terraces and the beautiful Colca Canyon views. Arrive to Cabanaconde and overnight in Kuntur Wassi.
Day 2: Cabanaconde – Achachihua View Point – Cruz del Condor – Canocota
Breakfast at 7AM in the hotel. Breakfast and short trekking to Pampa San Miguel and Achachihua view point (around 40 minutes walking), then we will leave to Cruz del Condor by car (about 20 minutes) this is the ideal place for watching the condors flight and the canyon.
Then, return to Chivay archeological sites, pre-Inca farming terraces, and stop at other Colca Canyon lookout points.
We will pass through the towns of Pinchollo, Maca, and Achoma, and then we will stop in Yanque to see some typical churches, artisan markets, and watch the typical dress of collaguas and cabanas culture.
Arrive to Chivay, where we will take the road up to Canocota (located at almost 4000MASL). Accommodation with Pedro and Julia (local family).
Lunch, includes local products: quinoa, chuño, potatoes and corn. In the afternoon, short to the family cropfields, where we will help with the agricultural work, learning more about the local plant and the local customs.
Return to the house and dinner with the family, at this time we will share histories about each culture. Overnight in Canocota
Day 3: Canocota – Huaynalima Canyon – Calera hot springs – Arequipa
Breakfast and trek through the Huaynalima Canyon (easy hike during 3 hours). Arrive to the hot springs La Calera, relaxing time. Lunch in Chivay and return to Arequipa.
Colca Canyon Tour 3 Days Includes
- Private guide Colca Canyon (english speaking guide)
- Tourist Transportation
- Meals : 03 breakfasts, 03 lunches and 2 dinners
- 1 night in Cabanaconde at Kuntur Wassi and 01 night in Canocota (basic accommodation)
- Entrance Fee to the Colca Canyon and the hot springs La Calera
- Soft and alcoholic drinks
Colca Canyon 3 Day Tour Price
|Any day|| 3 Day Colca Canyon|
Private Service (Private van and guide)
$280.00 USD each one
What to Bring
- Small backpack (45lt)
- Rain jacket (December to april)
- Sweater and jacket (something warm)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Swimsuit for the hot spring
- One complete change of clothing
- Bottle of water
- Flashlight and batteries
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
Colca Canyon Fun Facts:
- Colca Canyon is more than twice as deep as the Grand Canyon
- The Canyon is home of a great variety of flora and fauna
- The Condor can be seen at “Cruz Del Condor” and “Tapay” viewing point
- Other notable bird species present in the Colca include the giant hummingbird
- The Valley is a wonderful and colourful andean valley with small towns with andean terraces on the both side of the Canyon
- The valley is at its most beautiful in April and May, when the fields are green and the mountains snow-capped.