Tour Arequipa to Colca Canyon in a full day. The best option for visiting the Colca Canyon in just one day.
This tour takes you to discover the Canyon, we will see Maca and Yanque towns and natural viewpoints along the trail to Cruz del Condor and where will spend one hour watching condors.
This Colca tour in Arequipa, Peru is the ideal classic tour for visitors passionate about nature and culture in just one day.
Full Day Excursion Itinerary:
Day 1: Arequipa – Pampa Cañahuas – Patapampa (4850M) – Chivay – Cruz Del Condor Viewpoint
Pick up at 2:30 AM from the Arequipa hotel by the tour guide, the tour begins with the directly travel to the first and most important town of the canyon: Chivay (3 hours by tourist transportation).
At 6AM you will be in Chivay (3600m) an andean town located on the left side of the Colca Canyon; surrounded by agriculture fields.
After the breakfast in Chivay, we will leave to the Cruz del Condor viewpoint; in route we will found the beautiful Yanque town with the wititi dancers, the terraces and the different natural viewpoints: Antahuilque and the Choquetico Tombs,
Arrival to The Cruz del Condor for watching the Andean Condor (Vulture Gryphus).
Return to Chivay, visiting Maca (where is possible to observe a nice colonial church from XVI century, next to this town is possible to see people dedicated to work the terraces.
We will arrive to Chivay and visit to the hot springs La Calera, where you can enjoy the thermo medicinal pools and spend a relaxing time in the hot springs and return to Chivay for having lunch and leave back to Arequipa city.
Along the way we will visit the highest point between the Colca Canyon and Arequipa: Patapampa (4800m), from this place we can see the volcanic mountain range: The Ampato volcano where was founded “Juanita”.
We drive to Toqrapampa, where we can see small lagoons with Andean birds. We will continue to the Pampa Cañahuas National Park, where we will be able to see Lamas, Alpagas and vicugnas.
Arrive to Arequipa at 5PM, transfer to the hotel and end of the tour.
- English-Speaking tour guide
- Tourist bus Arequipa to Colca Canyon
- Colca Canyon Entrance Fee
- Meals: 1 breakfast – 1 buffet lunch
- Entrance fee La Calera thermal water
|Daily departures||Full Day Tour||
$58 American Dollars
Private Vip Service (private transportation and guide)
2 participants $175 USD per person
Private Driver (car) and Guide:
- Private Day tour includes a hike for 45 minutes from Cruz del Condor to Cruz del Cura viewpoint; along this Hike travelers will admire the natural view points.
- Visit to Tapay viewpoint, from where is possible to watch the condor’s flight and Chila’s mountain range.
- Choice the pick up time from your hotel in Arequipa (between: 3:15 to 4AM).
From Chivay to Arequipa:
Full Day tour from Chivay to Arequipa is available, passing by Cruz del Condor viewpoint is available. the pick up time is from your hotel or hostel located in Chivay or Yanque between: 6:15 to 6:30AM.
It finishes at 5:30PM in Arequipa city and includes drop off to your hotel.
Trip to Puno:
After the lunch time in Chivay, instead of coming back to Arequipa city, is possible to leave from Chivay (Colca Canyon) to Puno city. The bus leaves from Chivay at 1:15PM and arrives to Puno at 7:30PM.
This tourist bus from Colca to Puno includes an english speaking guide on board and the stops in: Patapampa (natural viewpoint from where we can watch the mountain range) and Lagunillas (birdwatching).
This bus includes the drop off to the hotel in Puno.
How to get to Colca Canyon:
The Canyon is located at 3 hours by private tourist transportation from Arequipa city and at 4 hours by local bus.
The best way to get there is to book a tour or trekking activity. Please contact Perou Voyage If you are looking for information on private car and driver from Arequipa to the Canyon.
What to Bring:
You just need to carry an small backpack with:
- Warm Jacket
- Hat or cap
- Peruvian currency
Did You Know?
- Colca is the number one attraction in Arequipa, Peru.
- Peru’s Colca Canyon is officially one of the world’s deepest canyons. The deepest one is Cotahuasi, which is located in Arequipa region.
- Colca Canyon is more than twice as deep as the Grand Canyon
- The Canyon is home of a great variety of flora and fauna
- The Condor can be seen at “Cruz Del Condor” and “Tapay” viewing point
- Other notable bird species present in the Colca include the giant hummingbird
- The Valley is a wonderful and colourful andean valley with small towns with andean terraces on the both side of the Canyon
- The valley is at its most beautiful in April and May, when the fields are green and the mountains snow-capped.