Discover the amazing landscapes through the Colca Canyon horseback riding tour which is a perfect way to keep in touch with nature surrounded with the mountains. Horse riding allows you to enjoy the magic of the natural viewpoints in the Colca Canyon, the second deepest canyon in the world.
This horseback riding begins in Yanque and includes 3 hours by horse to Pallaclli hill from where you can see the andean terraces and the Colca Valley.
This tour is suggested for tourists with no previous experience, along the route you will enjoy the awesome landscape and andean terraces. The route includes a horse riding local guide.
Day 1. Arequipa – Patapampa – Yanque
At 7:30 AM Pick up from the Arequipa hotel and travel by tourist transportation to Chivay, the capital of the Colca Canyon region.
Along the way we’ll stop at the national reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca, at this point we will watch: vicuñas, llamas and alpacas.
Then we will continue, until arrive to Patahuasi, where we will enjoy a cup of coca tea which is helpful for the altitude sickness.
Afterwards, we will arrive to the wetlands of Tocrapampa, at this point we will watch the typical birds.
Arrive to the highest point Patapampa, a natural view point, from where we can watch the south moutain range.
Arrival to Chivay for having lunch, after lunch we will continue by car to Yanque town.
At this time we will meet the horseman and we will leave the town of Yanque and begin the ascent to the hill Pallaclli along the route we will enjoy the amazing views of Yanque countryside.
Then we will descend along the way watching ancient queñuales and sixserales.
Arrive to Yanque, visit to the hot springs for relaxing, dinner and overnight.
Day 2. Yanque – Cruz del Condor – Lari – Ichupampa – Coporaque – Chivay – Arequipa
Breakfast and departure to Cruz del Condor viewpoint.
Here we stay for around one hour for watching the flight of the condor.
Then we continue the journey to Pinchollo and before getting to Maca town, we cross the Colca river bridge towards the right side of the Colca Valley.
This part of the Colca Canyon is not included in the classic Colca tours .
In this side of the Valley we will find colonial churches in: Lari, Ichupampa and Coporaque town. You can walk for exploring the typical andean streets and learn more about living in Peru Andes.
Along the way we will visit the natural viewpoints for watchinfg the andean terraces.
Departure to Chivay, lunch and departure to Arequipa. Arrive at 5PM and transfer to the hotel.
- English-Speaking tour guide
- Tourist transportation
- Overnight at Killawasi Lodge in Yanque
- Colca Canyon Entrance Fee
- Entrance Fee to the hot springs
- Meals: 1 breakfasts – 2 lunches – 1 dinner
What You Need to Bring
- Small backpack 40lt
- Rain jacket or poncho (December to april)
- Strong comfortable and waterproof footwear
- One complete change of clothing
- Sweater and jacket (something warm)
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Sunglasses and swinsuit for the hot springs
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Horseback in Yanque in the Colca Canyon is open to every level, there is no need of previous experience of riding.
- Is very important to bring water, camera, hat, sun cream, sunglasses and warm jacket .