Colca Canyon trek 1 day is another alternative for visiting the Canyon in one day. This hiking tour is ideal for exploring the zone and learn more about animals and plants in the Canocota Canyon.
1 day trek is offered by private transport and english speaking guide, this trek in the Colca area takes you by an ancestral road used by local people to exchange their products in the valley.
The Canocota Canyon offers a great variety of colorful landscapes along the way as its rich flora: queñoales, cactus and fauna: giant hummingbird, hawks, duck mountain range etc.
Private Colca Canyon Trek 1 day starts at 3:10AM and ends in Arequipa at 7:00PM. This trek includes the visit to: Cruz del Condor and Tapay view point.
Wayrapunko, Choquetico hang over tombs, Antahuilque, Maca and Yanque towns and the visit to the hot springs: La Calera.
Pick up at 3:10 AM from the hotel in Arequipa by the private english speaking tour guide.
The 1 day hike begins with the directly drive to the most important town: Chivay (3 hours by private car).
At 6AM you will arrive to Chivay, a town located on the left side of the Colca Valley.
After breakfast in Chivay, we will drive to Cruz del Condor view point; along the way we will found the beautiful Yanque town and It’s colonial church and main square with the witite dancer’s.
Then we will arrive to Antahuilque view point and the Choquetico hang over Tombs.
Arrive to Cruz del Condor for watching the Andean Condor (Vulture Gryphus) and the Colca Canyon.
We will drive to Tapay view point from where we can watch the condors avoding the tourist mass.
Then we will visit Wayrapunko view point and Maca town (where is possible to observe a nice colonial church from XVI century, next to this town is possible to see andean terraces).
Arrive to Chivay and lunch time, then we will drive around 40 minutes from Chivay to Canocota town, where we will do a hike to La Calera hot springs, going down along the Huaynalima Canyon (3 hours hiking).
Arrive to La Calera hot springs for relaxing. Departure to Arequipa, stop in route to the highest point between Patapampa (4800 meters), from this place we can see the volcanic mountain range: The Ampato volcano where was founded “Juanita”.
Arrive to Pampa Cañahuas National Park, where we will be able to see Lamas, Alpagas and vicugnas.
Arrive to Arequipa at 7PM and transfer to the hotel.
- Private English Speaking tour guide
- Colca Canyon Private Tour driver
- Colca Canyon Full Day Hiking Tour
- Entrance Fee to the Cocla Canyon
- Meals: 1 breakfast – 1 buffet lunch
- Entrance Fee to the hot springs in Chivay
What to Carry :
- Small backpack
- Rain jacket or poncho ( Rain season from december to march)
- Hiking boots
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Peruvian Currency (soles) for paying drinks and personal expenses
Colca Canyon Fun Facts:
- Colca Canyon is more than twice as deep as the Grand Canyon
- The Canyon is home of a great variety of flora and fauna
- The Condor can be seen at “Cruz Del Condor” and “Tapay” viewing point
- Other notable bird species present in the Colca include the giant hummingbird
- The path to the Oasis will takes you to summer season
- No matter how hard is trekking the Canyon, this Peru Andes paradise is well worth it.
- Colca hiking paths allow you to experience the full beauty and diversity of the area