Colca Canyon Trek 2 Days for exploring the bottom of the Colca Canyon, the second deepest in the world.
Tour: Colca Canyon Trek 2 Days
Duration: 2 Days/1 Night
Service Available: Shared – Private guide/car
Overnight: Oasis (Sangalle)
Distance: Along the hiking inside the canyon you will walk around 6 – 8 kilometers.
Trek Difficulty: Moderate.
✅Colca Canyon Trek 2 Days
The Colca Canyon in southern Peru’s Arequipa region is an area of astounding scenic beauty, and one of Peru’s top tourist destinations. It is best known as one of the world’s deepest canyons, reaching a depth of 4,160 meters, whose depth can most easily be appreciated from the Cruz del Condor, a viewpoint where Andean Condors can be seen most days throughout the year. 2 Day Trek in Peru Andes comes highly recommended on every tour itinerary.
✅2 Day Trekking Colca Canyon Itinerary:
Day 1: Arequipa – Chivay – Cabanaconde – San Juan de Chuccho – Sangalle
Pick up at 3AM from the hotel in Arequipa and departure to Chivay, located at 3 hours from Arequipa.
Breakfast and departure to the Cruz del Condor a natural view point from where we will watch the condor’s flight and the Colca canyon.
Then we will continue until arrive to Pampa Sann Miguel; where we will start the 2 day trekking into the Colca Canyon, descending during 3 hours to the Colca River (2160m), a descent of 1300 meters.
We will cross to the other side of the canyon and begin our ascent upward.
At midday, arrive to the lodge and resting place in San Juan de Chuccho village (2300 meters above sea level).
Here you will get a delicious and energetic lunch.
After our lunch, we will continue hiking for approximately three hours, crossing small villages (Malata and Cosñirhua to our next destination: Sangalle/Oasis, where we will find a nice place to spend the night in a family bamboo bungalow where we will enjoy the pretty swimming pool between palm trees, surrounded by the Colca. Overnight.
Day 2: SANGALLE- CABANACONDE TOWN – CHIVAY – AREQUIPA
At 4am We will begin the ascent of three hours to Cabanaconde (3280m). This day we will walk up 1050m, for the last hard and steep trail of our excursion.
Breakfast and departure to Chivay, lunch and visit to the hot springs La Calera.
Return to Arequipa, guided stops in route at: Patapampa, a natural view point located at 4800 MASL where we will watch the southern mountain range; then we will stop at Pampa Cañahuas for watching the vicugnas, alpagas and lamas. Arrive to Arequipa city at 6PM and end of the Colca Trek.
2 Day Trekking Colca Canyon Includes
- Official English-Speaking Guide
- Tourist Transportation
- Meals : 02 breakfasts, 02 lunches and 1 dinner
- Entrance Fees (Colca Canyon and hot springs)
- 01 Night accommodation in Sangalle (basic accommodation with private bathroom, bamboo lodge)
- Walking Sticks
Colca Canyon Trek 2 Days Not Includes
- Colca Canyon Trek mules
- Phone calls
✅Hike Schedule & Cost
|Any Day||Colca Canyon Trek 2 Day
Semi Private Service
Private 2 Day Colca Canyon Trek
$140 American Dollars Per Person
$235 American Dollars Per Person
✅2 Day Private Colca Trek:
- Pick up time from Arequipa hotel at 4AM or 6:45AM.
- Travelers with not hiking experience can leave from Arequipa at 7AM and go directly to Cabanaconde town and hike to Sangalle (Oasis). This hike takes around 2 and a half hours.
How to get to Colca Canyon:
The Colca Canyon is located at 3 hours by private tourist transportation from Arequipa city and at 4 hours by local bus. The best way to get there is to book a tour or trekking activity. Please contact Perou Voyage If you are looking for information on private car and driver from Arequipa to Colca Canyon.
What to Bring:
For the 2 Day Trek you just need to carry backpack with:
- Warm Jacket
- Trekking boots or shoes
- Insect Repellent
- Hat or cap
- Peruvian currency
Colca Canyon Fun Facts:
- Colca Canyon is more than twice as deep as the Grand Canyon
- The Canyon is home of a great variety of flora and fauna
- The Condor can be seen at “Cruz Del Condor” and “Tapay” viewing point
- Other notable bird species present in the Colca include the giant hummingbird
- The path to the Oasis will takes you to summer season
- No matter how hard is trekking the Canyon, this Peru Andes paradise is well worth it.
- Colca hiking paths allow you to experience the full beauty and diversity of the area