PEROU VOYAGE TOUR OPERATOR: COLCA TOURS AREQUIPA AND COLCA TREKKING OPERATOR
- We pay fair prices to the locals for all the services
- We organize activities with local people to be closer to them for example in Canocota, Yanque and Coporaque: we walk with them and we pick up some fruits and vegetables from their farms, the tourist can dress up like local people and cook with them if you really like (for sure if you like you will do it)
- We adapt the itineraries according to your travel requirements
- We pay fair salaries to the guides
- We pay taxes, this payment allows to build public schools, safe highways, health
care and social services for low-income citizens.
- We offer vegetarian food and special diet for people with allergies
- We usually recommend to travel to colca canyon early in the morning because you can have time to hike and share time with natives
- The most important thing for us is that our clients fully enjoy our service. Also important is that everybody involved in the tours operation are well treated and cared for (guides and local people).
- In Arequipa city the cheapest travel agencies (who also offers their services through popular websites) link their Colca Trekking groups (15 or 20 persons by group with just 1 tour guide) put at risk travellers health and integrity as 1 tour guide can’t manage the different tourist requirements (ages, pace, poor food etc), opposite to Perou Voyage where you can find one english speaking guide with a maximum of 6 people. This fact allows to offer a personalized tour according to your expectations and not just to walk around the canyon with a “tour guide” with no knowledge about the area.
- We highly encourage you to only book with a legal Colca tour operator with licensed english speaking guides and help us to stop the piracy of tourism in the Colca area. Please do not book a tour with someone who claims they are a tour operator without checking you will be safe going with a licensed english speaking guide expert in first aid skills and knowledge about nature, culture and environmental protection. Do not accept to go in a big Colca Trekking group which is not allowed by the adventure tourism law (do not accept just one tour guide for more than 8 tourist in a Colca trek tour).