Mixed Tour Colca Canyon combines Classic Colca Tour overnight in Cabanaconde with hike inside the Colca Canyon, spending night in Sangalle.
3 Days Colca Canyon Mixed Tours
Overnight in Cabanaconde town offering to visitors a nice and quite ambiance, far way from the tourist groups. On the second day at breakfast time, you will have Colca Canyon nice views from the restaurant.
Did you know?
Colca Canyon is best known as one of the world’s deepest canyons, reaching a depth of 4,160 meters, whose depth can most easily be appreciated from the Cruz del Condor, a viewpoint where Andean Condors can be seen most days throughout the year.
Mixed Tour Colca Canyon Itinerary
Day 1: Arequipa – Chivay – Cabanaconde
Pick up at at 7:00 AM from the hotel in Arequipa and then departure to Chivay. During the way we will stop in the National park: Aguada Blanca y Salinas, where we will watch: vicugnas, alpagas and lamas.
Then we will continue to Patahuasi, for drinking a coca tea, a local drink for the altitude sickness. Afterwards, we will arrive to the Tocrapampa wetlands, here we will watch the local birds.
Arrive to the the hihest point: Patapampa, located at 4800 MASL, a natural view point from where is possible to watch the mountain range.
Arrive tp Chivay, buffet lunch and departure to Cabanaconde. On the way we will stop in some view points, for watching andean terraces and the beautiful Colca Canyon views. Arrive to Cabanaconde and overnight in Kuntur Wassi.
Day 2: Cabanaconde – Cruz del Condor – Sangalle
Breakfast and departure to Cruz del condor, located at 30 minutes by car from Cabanaconde. At this natural view poit, we can watch the condors flying and the Colca canyon.
Return to Cabanaconde and trek to the Achachihua view point, where we can watch the canyon, then we will start the trek going inside the canyon, until arrive to Sangalle (3 hours walking).
Accommodation in a family house (basic accommodation with shared bathroom). Free time at the swimming pool; aslso we have time for walking to the river. Dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Cabanaconde Cruz del Condor – Chivay – Arequipa
Departure at 5AM, up to Cabanaconde. Arrive, breakfast and departure by car to Chivay; along the way we will stop in 2 small villages: Maca and Yanque for taking pictures.
Arrive to Chivay, relaxing time at the hot springs La Calera. Buffet lunch and return to Arequipa. Arrive and transfer to the hotel.
Colca Canyon Mixed Tour Includes
- Private guide Colca Canyon (english speaking guide)
- Tourist Transportation
- Meals : 02 breakfasts, 03 lunches and 2 dinners
- 1 night in Cabanaconde at Kuntur Wassi and 01 night in Sangalle
- Entrance Fee to the Colca Canyon and the hot springs La Calera
Mixed Tour Colca Canyon Not Includes
Soft and alcoholic drinks
Tour Schedule & Cost
(even the rain season)
|COLCA MIXED TOUR 3D/2N|
Private Service (Private van and guide)
$330.00 USD each one
What to bring
- Small backpack (45lt)
- Rain jacket (December to april)
- Sweater and jacket (something warm)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Swimsuit for the hot spring
- One complete change of clothing
- Bottle of water
- Flashlight and batteries
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
Colca Canyon Fun Facts:
- Colca Canyon is more than twice as deep as the Grand Canyon
- The Canyon is home of a great variety of flora and fauna
- The Condor can be seen at “Cruz Del Condor” and “Tapay” viewing point
- Other notable bird species present in the Colca include the giant hummingbird
- The Valley is a wonderful and colourful andean valley with small towns with andean terraces on the both side of the Canyon
- The valley is at its most beautiful in April and May, when the fields are green and the mountains snow-capped.