Super Private Colca Canyon Trek 3 days is a new option for adventure hiking lovers seeking some comfort level and avoding the early wake ups.
Duration: 3 Days/2 Night
Service Available: Private guide/car
Overnight: San Juan de Chuccho – Cabanaconde
Distance: Along the hiking inside the canyon you will walk around 6 – 8 kilometers.
Trek Difficulty: Moderate.
Departure from Arequipa at 7AM in private transportation with a licensed english speaking guide, spend nights in San Juan de Chuccho and at Kuntur Wassi hotel in Cabanaconde.
Book Super Private 3 Days Trekking and go to the extra mile in the Colca Canyon.
Day 1: Arequipa – Cabanaconde – San Juan de Chuccho
Pick up at 7 AM, at this time the tour guide will pick you up from the hotel in Arequipa, then we will leave to Cabanaconde town, where we will have lunch.
The trek to San Juan de Chuccho takes around 4 hours from Cabanaconde. Arrival, accommodation and overnight in a family run lodge.
Day 2: San Juan de Chuccho – Cabanaconde
Breakfast and hike to Sangalle (Oasis), during the 3 hours trek we will pass through Cosñirhua and Malata villages, along the way to Sangalle we will learn more about local customs, flora and fauna.
Arrive to Sangalle and relaxing time at the swimming pool. Lunch and hike up to Cabanaconde town, this Colca Hike will takes around 4 hours.
Arrive to Kuntur Wassi hotel, dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Cabanaconde – Cruz del Condor – Arequipa
Breakfast at the Kuntur Wassi hotel restaurant from where we will get spectacular views, after breakfast we will go to Cruz del Condor at this natural view point we will watch the famous condors and the Colca Canyon.
Then we will do a short hike for around 1 hour from Cruz del Condor to Cruz del Cura view point, along this short hike we will enjoy the andean terraces views and the Colca Canyon.
Arrive to Chivay and relaxing time at the hot springs of La Calera for relaxing muscles at 38 ºC.
Arrive to Chivay, buffet lunch and departure to Arequipa.
- Private transport
- 2 Nights accommodation: 1 night in San Juan de Chuccho (basic accommdoation with private bathroom) and 1 night at Kuntur Wassi hotel
- English Speaking guide
- Meals: 2 Breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Walking Sticks
- Entrance Fee Colca Canyon
- Entrance Fee hot springs La Calera
What to bring
- Trekking clothes
- Trekking shoes
- Warm clothes for the night
- Rain coat (rainy season : January to March)
- Small backpack
- Swimsuit and towel
|Tour||Price Per Person|
|Super Private Trek 3 Days/2Nights||$350 Dollars Per Person|
Colca Canyon Fun Facts:
- Colca Canyon is more than twice as deep as the Grand Canyon
- The Canyon is home of a great variety of flora and fauna
- The Condor can be seen at “Cruz Del Condor” and “Tapay” viewing point
- Other notable bird species present in the Colca include the giant hummingbird
- The path to the Oasis will takes you to summer season
- No matter how hard is trekking the Canyon, this Peru Andes paradise is well worth it.
- Colca hiking paths allow you to experience the full beauty and diversity of the area